Please play these accompanying supersonic vibrations for ultimate blog-eating enjoyment
So the theme has officially been announced!
We’re taking the show further than we ever have before… into S P A C E. House of Verse is blasting off on May 12th, report to the loading bay in 2Funky Music Cafe at 7:00pm and prepare for lift off!
To assist you in your journey to infinity and beyond here’s a handy hitchhikers guide to alienating yourself and the people you love.
Come correct! COSTUMES!
The obvious first choice is to strap into an authentic astronaut suit. Look at her! Look at how much fun she is having! For added effect talk only in sign language and re-enact every Sandra Bullock scene from Gravity.
If you want to go even further for your costume why not look a few galaxies over and transform into your favourite alien stereotype? Or if you’re actually an alien, simply strip off your human exosuit.
OH WAIT WE CAN’T FORGET BOWIE
Everyone’s favourite outer space rockstar Ziggy Stardust sadly left Earth to return to the stars, help bring his spirit back down to ground control for another night by following the helpful ‘How to be Bowie’ video below.
Next up, who actually are you:
Here you can find various quizzes to discover things about yourself you never even knew! Such as:
What planet are you?! I personally identify as Venus. Not sure? Find out by clicking the link below!
What alien are you?? Do you come in peace? Or is it game over man?
Do you even have what it takes to be in space? Reckon you’d suit zero gravity? Take this rigorous and authentic astronaut training quiz and find out!
Now, welcome to Astro-University!
Find out all about the space we live, work and play in. Be the envy of your friends at every cosmic happening with the help of these fascinating talks on all things astrophysical!
We love games here at House of Verse (maybe a bit too much). Playing them, watching them, making them… It’s all so much fun. We think you’d enjoy making some too. Here’s some weird and wonderful ideas to get you started.
Lost in Space
Steal various objects from friends (ones with a sense of humour preferably) and proceed to hide them around the universe. Inform your friends that they are now Lost in Space and watch as they almost punch you in delight.
No one can hear you scream
The premise of this game is to convince someone they have entered into the total vacuum of space. Persuade a group of people to lip sync talking en masse and watch as your accidental victim goes insane in the blinding nothingness of space.
Ping pong balls
That’s all. Throw them to make shooting stars, decorate them as mini planets, pretend they’re aliens, probably more.
Factoids and curios
1) One million Earths could fit inside the sun – and the sun is considered an average-size star.
2) For years it was believed that Earth was the only planet in our solar system with liquid water. More recently, NASA revealed its strongest evidence yet that there is intermittent running water on Mars, too!
3) Comets are leftovers from the creation of our solar system about 4.5 billion years ago – they consist of sand, ice and carbon dioxide.
4) You wouldn’t be able to walk on Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus or Neptune because they have no solid surface!
5) If you could fly a plane to Pluto, the trip would take more than 800 years!
6) An asteroid about the size of a car enters Earth’s atmosphere roughly once a year – but it burns up before it reaches us. Phew!Ar
7) The highest mountain known to man is on an asteroid called Vesta. Measuring a whopping 22km in height, it is three times as tall as Mount Everest!
8) There are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on all the beaches on Earth. That’s at least a billion trillion!
9) The sunset on Mars appears blue.
10) House of Verse is going to be OUTTA THIS WORLD!
Feelin’ inspired yet? GOOD!
We can’t wait to see what you all come up with on May 12th.